Saturday, January 11, 2014

Paige's Muppet Baby Shower... oh my!

Now, when newly-pregnant Paige told me she wanted a Muppet-themed baby shower, I went into semi-panic mode. How scary and cheesy was this going to turn out?! After a few shallow breaths, I reminded myself that we could make it as Muppety or Non-Muppety as we wanted. However, as I dove in Pinterest-searching, I realized there actually weren't as many Muppet themed parties as I thought. Apparently, Paige is about 20 years behind the times.

After some considerable searching, I came across a few pins that were eventually used for the Pinspiration. If I do say so myself, I think it turned out pretty amazing.

I found this awesome graphic designer through Etsy who created all of our printables!
Printables are seriously the way to go. You print and cut them out yourself, saving mucho buckos. 



Tracy, the master of cake pops, was at it again.

I think my favorite part of the shower was that we came up with clever Muppet-inspired names for all the food. We had a Meep! Meep! Meat and Cheese platter, Gar-Gonzo Bean Salad, Wocka Wocka! Wine, and Dr. Teeth's Secret Stash just to name a few. 



Excuse-moi... Ham Sandwiches?!


                         


As an inside joke, we made a signature drink for the honoree as she and her husband so lovingly
nicknamed their baby in the womb "The Hulk." 
In her infinite wisdom, Paige wanted her shower to be a real party, hence the plentiful beer and wine selection.

In an effort to make this shower more class and less nast, we decided to use some flowers for added pizazz. Annie came up with the idea of floating yellow roses and orange daisies in square vases. Pretty much the easiest but prettiest way to dress up a boring table. Also, instead of doing a full cake and cupcakes, we did cake pops (Paige's request), a candy bar and a popcorn bar. That was fun and easy because we provided to-go bags so they could double as a favor as well. (Although, thanks to Annie, we also had "real" favors too. Paige is spoiled.)


Please excuse my iPhone photo on this really fancy and oh-so-professional blog... 

In addition to banners and invitations, Brigitte also created super cute toppers that we punched out
with a 1.5" scalloped hole punched and then Tracy backed with adorable printed paper with
thicker-double sided tape - this gave them a 3D look in real life. 

Stratler & Waldorf's Perfect for Heckling Popcorn


We attached the favor tags ("Mahna, Mahna") to sample-size Bare Minerals lip glosses as favors. Annie has the hook up and got these at an amazing discount... and then somehow I made it home with 4 in my purse... 

Our true colors had to come out!



While I think we were all medicating with deep drinks of wine when the Muppet theme was first requested, I have to say it is one of the most unique shower themes I've seen yet. And thanks to a little Pinspiration, creative vision, and one heck of a graphic designer, our party was definitely more classy than cheesy. Cheers to Paige for giving us such a challenge! :)

Photography: Haley Hodges Photography
Printables: Bitty Birdie Design 












No comments:

Post a Comment