Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pinterest Craft Project Attempt #106

I've tried my fair share of Pinterest craft projects, some successful and some turned out a bit like this:


That being said, I decided to take another chance on myself and Pinterest craftiness. I am in the midst of planning a bitchin' lovely Valentine's party, and thought I'd make my friends Valentine's presents this year. I completely failed on the Christmas gift front so I'm doing V-day presents instead. Since I think I'm a professional at anything I attempt, I decided to use my newly minted graphic design skills. Because, you know, I have Photoshop so that must mean I can do a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g. Here was my Pinspiration:


If you check out the original designer's Etsy shop, she has tons of cute printables. I especially love the Diet Coke one. I have to love you A LOT to love you more than Diet Coke... Anyways, back to my attempt as a graphic designer. I decided to make one for myself first because anything in Photoshop takes me about 3 hours the first time I do it. The second time it takes 15 minutes and typically looks better. While I don't think mine is as clean or pretty looking, I do think it looks good enough to display in my house. 





Uhhhhh, please excuse the Christmas tree in the background... no it's not January 15th and my tree isn't still up... 


I think it looks pretty darn cute on our sofa table, if I do say so myself. And yes, my child is named Dexter...
and he has four legs.


Once I accomplished that, I decided to make framed printable for my friends. A few of my friends will receive V-day gifts of printables similar to mine. However, my recent-baby-having friends got something a little different. 



Please excuse the glare - I haven't quite figured out how to take an amazing picture yet. But, I thought this subway art baby project turned out quite cute. I was able to use some inside jokes (aka calling their baby "The Hulk" and the Dad posting a picture of baby Graham with #NFLDraft2036) which I think makes this more personable than the every day subway art printables you see.

Out of all my printables though, I think this one might be my favorite:



This one goes to my amazing friend Sarah who is a lucky alum of the University of Oregon - GO DUCKS! This one was so much fun to make and could be easily personalized to whatever your team/alma mater might be.

With all my Valentine's gifts taken care of, I'm moving on to the actual party planning. I'm thinking red and gold with white accents. In fact, I think I better get myself to Hobby Lobby & Ikea right... now...

FYI: I've received a few requests to put my tutorials up for PSE on how I made these. Unfortunately, I'm really not comfortable doing that at this time. I am such a newb to PSE that I pretty much google everything - hence why it takes me 3 hours to do a project the first time and then 10 minutes after that. I promise that once I feel more comfortable with the program I will pass on my words of wisdom... if I even have those... In the meantime, feel free to contact me with requests for printables. I am really happy to make these for anyone that asks! Especially if you're a Duck fan... special pricing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment